Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Am Running For Spot As Board Member of Oak Plantation Resort

Due to the decline in value at Oak Plantation Resort and all it's mismanagement, I have decided to run for a spot on the Board of Directors.  I am not exactly sure how difficult this will be, since Owners like myself were sent notification of the Annual Meeting which I believe  will be held on September 12, 2012 at the Oak Plantation Resort in Kissimmee, FL.

I am running because at a trip that AI took to the Resort 2 years ago, several things caught my eye.  First off, when I checked into the front desk for my annual unit, discovered that my unit had been rented out to someone!  Now, mind you, I am an owner, with annual usage since 2008, and this NEVER should have happened.  Secondly, upon their granting me another room and upgrading the size to make up for the mistake, I discovered upon entering the unit that the front door had cobwebs caked onto it.   If you were a guest somewhere,  the front door is among the first things that you see.  As you can imagine, this set the tone of my visit.

Once inside the unit, I noticed that they still had VHS cassette players, yet in the lobby they rented DVDs.  A quick complaint call led them to bring us a DVD player, which was good.   Another thing apparent inside the unit was that some things that were obviously worn - carpet, scratches and dents in the walls, etc. apparently had been that way for some time.   There was a fair amount of dust on things in the unit.

Later on I used the Fitness Room, which had a treadmill machine whic must have been as old as the Resort - 20 years.   Also the other equipment there was old, including the television.

Despite all the bad things that I have since read about the Resort- the horrible service, bedbugs, run- down amenities in the units and more, I believe that this once fabulous Resort,  which is located on a nice,  quaint spot with oak trees and is only about a 6 mile drive to Walt Disney World's gates, can be rejuvenated and made to become a premier destination spot in the Orlando area.  With better management, housekeeping,  repairs, maintenance,  and service,  the value of this Resort will increase over time for all owners.  Value means fetching higher prices for room stays.  Value comes from the Resort being sold-out.  Value means that an owner can sell his interest quickly, due to high demand.

These are the reasons that I want to be on this board- so that some accountability will take place!

No comments:

Post a Comment